The House of Hope is The Only Recovery House in Maryland Dedicated Entirely to the Recovery of Jewish Men.
The House of Hope is a Jewish environment that repairs the damage of drugs and alcohol on the human body and spirit. In concert with local Jewish community based agencies, the House of Hope is dedicated to helping each resident sucessfully manage his recovery on the condition that he is a full and committed partner in the process.
As part of the Jewish recovery program, we offer residents Jewish Sabbath and Holiday programs, ritual observance, and access to religous and chaplaincy services.
House of Hope provides a clean, safe, spiritually healthy environment.
• Be fully participating and contributing members of the House of Hope community.
• Accept personal responsibility for adhering to the recovery program.
• Maintain gainful employment and pay expenses based on a sliding scale.
• Regularly attend meetings of Alcoholics Anonymous and/or Narcotics Anonymous and work through the 12-step program.
• Accept frequent and random drug testing.
• Understand and adhere to the zero tolerance drug and alcohol policy of the House of Hope.
• Any relapse results in grounds for immediate dismissal from the facility.
The House of Hope is staffed with an Executive Director, Clinical Director, and Resident Manager. The presence of a Clinical Director, a psychologist who has been in the field of addiction for almost 30 years, as well as the approach to recovery, a total support network, sets the program apart from other recovery houses. All residents are required to be in outside counseling, and are required to sign a release of confidential information, giving management of the house permission to speak with his treatment professional. This keeps the staff abreast of any issues the resident is having with his recovery, and enables them to reinforce the points necessary for his continued growth. Usually this proactive approach keeps the resident in the recovery mode
The Road to recovery is not simple. We invite Jewish men to to embark on their new lives with courage and resilence.
The House of Hope is a Jewish environment that repairs the damage of Drugs and Alcohol on the human body and spirit. Since 1996 the House of Hope has empowered many Jewish men to become productive members of Society. Our residents come from all social and economic backgrounds. Since the House of Hope is one of the only Recovery Houses in the country devoted solely to Jewish men, we have welcomed such men from several cities throughout the country.
The House of Hope provides a clean, safe, spiritually healthy environment.